Wednesday 5 December 2012

Georgia's Choice gluten and wheat free chicken bites


I discovered both fish fingers and chicken nuggets in Tesco a little while ago - sometimes I can't find any of this type of product but they seem now to be keeping a supply next to the vegetarian freezer section.   These chicken nuggets contain chicken breast (66%) batter, crumb, sunflower oil, and the batter is water, maize flour, maize starch, potato starch, salt, raising agents and xanthan gum.  The crumb is rice flour, gram flour, maize starch, salt and dextrose.


I don't know what normal chicken nuggets are like, but these look the same as the ones I have seen in restaurants.  They hold together well, are easy to cook ( 20 minutes bake), easy to serve, and easy to eat.  They will have been made with non-free range chicken of course, so I wouldn't regard them as a normal part of my diet, but it is useful to have a few items like this in the freezer for unexpected kids or having run out of all the fresh stuff.

They are made in the company's dedicated gluten free factory in Wiltshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to edit or not publish comments